Pizza mozzarella – it’s a classic!
Also known as a Margherita pizza, this is a simple yet absolutely delicious pizza recipe that you’ll find super easy to prepare when cooking at home. As far as Italian recipes go, pizza Margherita is one that really can’t be beaten!
All you need for pizza mozzarella recipes are pizza dough, a pizza sauce, tomatoes, and of course, fresh mozzarella. We’ve also added a few extra herbs too, and a healthy sprinkling of parmesan cheese.
Get your pizza paddle ready, because we’re about to get started!
What Is the Best Mozzarella for Pizza?
The mozzarella is the most important part of this pizza, so it pays to get the best cheese you can. We suggest using a low moisture mozzarella for the best results. If you’re vegan, there are lots of plant-based mozzarella options in the stores these days too!
The following are our favorite mozzarella brands that never fail to impress:
- Galbani Mozzarella Fresca
- Via Roma Fresh Mozzarella
- Polly-O Whole Milk Mozzarella
- Lioni Latticini Fresh Mozzarella
- Caseificio Andriese Fiordilatte
- Ovoli Buffalo Mozzarella Cheese
- Lioni Latticini Natural Smoked Mozzarella
- Whole Foods Market Fresh Mozzarella Ball
Pizza Mozzarella Recipe
Makes 1 x 14 inch mozzarella pizza
- 1 lb of premade pizza dough
- Extra flour and cornmeal
- ½ c of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp of finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 12 oz of sliced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- Dried oregano
- Fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start your pizza mozzarella recipes by preheating the oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Leave a pizza stone on the middle shelf to warm up.
- Place your ball of premade dough onto a lightly floured kitchen surface and use your hands or a rolling pin to shape it into a 14-inch pizza base. Fold over the edges to form a pizza crust.
- Next, mix together minced garlic with olive oil and brush this over the pizza base.
- On top of the garlic-oil pizza sauce, you now need to layer sliced tomatoes and shredded mozzarella.
- Liberally apply dried oregano and shredded parmesan before finishing with salt and pepper.
- Give the crust a dusting of cornmeal and a drizzle of olive oil, then use your pizza paddle to place your pizza into the preheated oven.
- Leave your pizza mozzarella to bake for 12 minutes. When the mozzarella and parmesan have melted, and the crust is nice and crispy, it’s time to serve your pizza.
- Remove the completed pizza from the oven, allow it to cool, then cut into slices!
Pizza Mozzarella Recipes: Simple Yet Effective!
Pizza mozzarella recipes – also known as a Margherita pizza recipe – are the simplest pizza recipes to try out at home. With a premade pizza dough, all you need is to stretch the base into shape, then layer it up with tomatoes and cheese.
These recipes can be customized too, if you’re looking for a more filling feast. Add marinara sauce; load up on extra vegetables, cheese, and meat; or, dare we say it, pile on some pineapple!
Why not include mozzarella pizza in your collection of pizza recipes by bookmarking this article?