Put the pasta back in the cupboard, but keep the parmesan and mozzarella, because chicken Alfredo pizza is our new favorite Italian-inspired recipe!
This pizza twist on a pasta classic is a deliciously hearty, wholesome, and creamy dish to try baking at home.
Prepare a traditional Alfredo sauce as the pizza base, then top the pizza with cooked chicken, crispy bacon, scallions, and of course, extra helpings of cheese.
This is one for all the cheese-loving pizza fans, so get your oven fired up, grab your spatula and pizza peeler, and let’s start cooking chicken alfredo pizza.
What’s on a Chicken Alfredo Pizza?
Chicken and Alfredo sauce is a classic combination, but ordinarily, the duo is paired up with a long pasta (fettuccine, or tagliatelle) rather than being cooked together as a pizza.
Trust us, though – if you enjoy deep flavors, rich and creamy pizza sauces, and cheesy, meaty finish, then you need to try homemade chicken Alfredo on pizza.
Alongside the homemade Alfredo sauce and the chicken, you can then add extras. We suggest crispy bacon and scallions in our recipe, but the best chicken Alfredo is prepared the way you like it!
For a delicious pizza chicken Alfredo, we use the following ingredients:
- Pizza dough
- Alfredo sauce
- Shredded chicken
- Crispy bacon
- Chopped scallions
- Mozzarella and parmesan cheese
The recipe can easily be customized to suit your tastes and dietary requirements.
If you’re not a meat-eater, you can switch out chicken and bacon for plant-based alternatives.
If you don’t eat dairy, then why not try out a vegan alfredo sauce instead?
How to Make Chicken Alfredo Sauce
Alfredo sauce on pizza is exceptional! Alfredo sauce is a white sauce, so it’s a big change from a standard tomato pizza base, but when baked in the oven, the results are delicious.
- Alfredo sauce is a white sauce that’s prepared using butter, flour, milk, and heavy cream, before being mixed with melted parmesan cheese.
- You can also add extra seasoning, such as salt and pepper, to finish the sauce.
- Simply melt the butter, whisk in the flour, then pour in milk and cream at the same time.
- Keep whisking to thicken the sauce as it heats, then stir in grated parmesan.
- The secret is to use medium or low heat, and to whisk continuously for a smooth sauce.
What Dough Should I Use?
For a large pizza, you need at least one pound of pizza dough. It’s up to you which pizza dough you choose from the store, or whether you try making homemade pizza dough.
Pizza dough takes a little practice to get right, but the basic ingredients needed for it are flour, salt, sugar, yeast, and oil.
To give your dough a crispy finish in the oven, sprinkle the crust with cornmeal.
What Are the Best Chicken Alfredo Pizza Toppings?
- The main ingredient is the chicken, and it’s important that you only use cooked chicken. We recommend grilling chicken breasts before shredding and adding them to the pizza. Raw chicken won’t have time to cook in the oven before the rest of the pizza is ready!
- In addition to the chicken Alfredo sauce, we recommend bacon (again, precooked), extra cheese, and then a garnish of chopped scallions to serve.
- The toppings are really up to you, though: try extra vegetables, such as mushrooms, onions, or peppers. Extra cheese is always a winner, or you could even go for a seafood Alfredo pizza by adding shrimp instead of chicken!
Once your pizza is assembled, it takes 15 minutes to bake in a preheated oven. Using a pizza stone is recommended for the best results.
Chicken Alfredo Pizza Recipe
Makes 1 large 14-inch chicken alfredo pizza
Ingredients for pizza crust
- 1 lb of premade pizza dough
Ingredients for chicken Alfredo sauce
- 2 tbsp of butter
- ¼ tsp of garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp of onion powder
- 1 tbsp of flour
- ⅔ cup of whole milk
- ⅔ cup of heavy cream
- ⅔ cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Chicken Alfredo pizza toppings
- 1 ½ cups of shredded chicken (precooked)
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 rashers of cooked bacon
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp of chopped scallions
Instructions for chicken Alfredo pizza
- Start preparing homemade pizza by preheating your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. For the best Alfredo sauce pizza crust, place a pizza stone in the oven to warm up as well. Leave your premade dough to rest at room temperature while you preheat the oven.
- While the oven is preheating, it’s time to whip up an easy chicken Alfredo sauce (if you’ve bought a premade sauce, then just assemble your ingredients).
- For the homemade chicken Alfredo sauce, measure out butter, garlic powder, and onion powder into a saucepan. Turn the heat to medium and wait for the butter to melt.
- Once the butter has melted, use a whisk to mix in the flour. Next, pour in whole milk and heavy cream. Keep whisking as the sauce thickens.
- When the Alfredo sauce has thickened, stir in shredded parmesan and add a dash of salt and pepper. Keep stirring until the cheese is melted into the sauce.
- With the sauce ready, you can assemble the pizza. Start by rolling your premade pizza dough into a large, 14-inch round base. Make sure you form a pizza crust around the edge.
- Pour Alfredo sauce onto the pizza base and spread it evenly over the dough, then add cooked shredded chicken, chopped bacon, and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Remove the pizza stone from the oven and dust it with cornmeal. Drizzle olive oil over the pizza and season with any extra salt and pepper as you like, before carefully transfering the pizza to the pizza stone.
- Place the chicken Alfredo pizza into the oven and leave to cook for at least 15 minutes (but don’t remove it from the oven until the pizza crust is nice and crispy!). Take the pizza out of the oven, add chopped scallions, then serve hot and fresh!
That’s It for Chicken Alfredo Pizza!
That’s the end of our chicken Alfredo pizza recipe. Now it’s time to take your crispy pizza out of the oven and enjoy it with your favorite pizza dips, garnishes, and sides.
Chicken Alfredo pizza is cheesy, creamy, and deliciously filling. If you love a good pizza but are looking for an Italian-inspired alternative to the classic tomato base, then this is the pizza for you!
Why not bookmark our recipe, so you can try preparing chicken Alfredo pizza at home anytime you like?